- ECOPORTIL—Environmental Protection of Areas Surrounding Ports using Innovative Learning Tools for Legislation
- SIDUAQ—Satellite Information Downscaled to Urban Air Quality in Bulgaria—funded by the European Space Agency
- DAREFFORT—Danube River Basin Enhanced Flood Forecasting Cooperation (DAREFFORT)—Danube Transnational Programme
- Study on Transport Processes and Deposition of Atmospheric Pollutants in Bulgaria
- Project partner in the Bulgarian-Romanian Cross Border Cooperation Project WATER Danube Water Integrated Management, the National Institute of Meteorology and Hydrology is actively participating in the quantitative monitoring of waters, data exchange, river flow forecasting and warning, draught guidelines, groundwater analyses and studies.
- NIMH has started the implementation of the project SAAP4FUTURE funded by the Bulgarian Ministry of Regional Development through the Bulgaria – Turkey IPA Cross-Border Programme, under the EU Instrument of Pre-Accession Assistance (IPA); Project duration January 2014 - January 2015
- Since 01st Jan. 2013 NIMH started the implementation of 7FP project IncREO—Increasing Resilience through Earth Observation